The following requirements apply with respect to Paramedics who are seeking Certification from an RBHP and who are not currently certified at that level by another RBHP, including Paramedics who have been previously certified in Ontario.
- The Paramedic shall be employed or retained by an Employer.
- The Paramedic shall complete a form provided by the RBHP that includes the following:
- a list of all RBHPs or other certifying bodies under which the Paramedic has previously received Certification within the ten (10) year period immediately preceding the application;
- a declaration of the dates of all previous Deactivations and/or Decertifications that have previously occurred at all other RBHPs or other certifying bodies* within the ten (10) year period immediately preceding the application; and
- written permission for the prospective RBHP to obtain information in writing from
other employers, other physicians, other programs, etc. regarding the Paramedic’s
- The Paramedic shall successfully complete an evaluation by the RBHP and any
orientation and training required by the RBHP. The evaluation may include:
- an assessment of knowledge and skills;
- scenario evaluation; and
- oral interview or clinical evaluation with the Medical Director or designate.
Upon meeting the above requirements, for new Certification, the Medical Director shall certify the Paramedic and require a condition of Consolidation on the Paramedic’s Certification.
* Or a declaration of dates when certification was denied, revoked, suspended or under review as other certifying bodies may not use the terms Deactivation and Decertification