The following requirements apply with respect to Paramedics who are already certified and who are seeking Certification by a Medical Director in another RBHP.
- The Paramedic shall be employed or retained by an Employer within the specified catchment area.
- The Paramedic shall complete a form provided by the RBHP that includes the following:
- a list of all RBHPs under which the Paramedic has received Certification within the ten (10) year period immediately preceding the application;
- a declaration of the dates of all previous Deactivations and/or Decertifications that have occurred within the ten (10) year period immediately preceding the application;
- status of all current Certifications from all RBHPs; and
- written permission for the prospective RBHP to obtain information in writing from other physicians, other programs, etc. regarding the Paramedic’s previous practice.
- The Paramedic shall successfully complete an evaluation by the RBHP and any orientation and training required by the RBHP. The evaluation may include:
- an assessment of knowledge and skills;
- scenario evaluation; and
- oral interview or clinical evaluation with the Medical Director or designate.
Upon meeting the above requirements for Cross Certification, the Medical Director shall certify the Paramedic.